Request a Call Back
A plumbing system is built to last for years. However, over time these pipes will deteriorate, erode, and eventually need to be replaced. Thankfully, a qualified plumber can get you through your pipe replacement journey safely and affordably.
The professional plumbers at Near & Best Plumber Los Angeles perform quality repiping services while being as non-intrusive as possible. In the end, you’re left with new pipes you can count on.
Causes of Pipe Damage
At one point or another, you may have had to deal with leaky pipes. A quick call to the local plumber may have resolved the issue, but it isn’t long before you find another water leak. There’s a reason this is happening. If you’re continually dealing with leaking pipes, then this could be a symptom of one of these pipe damage causes:
- Corrosion: Every pipe type eventually degrades. Rust and other types of corrosion slowly eat away at pipes until they leak or completely collapse. This is especially true when it comes to old pipes made from materials that don’t stand the test of time as well as new pipes. Minerals, chemicals, and imbalanced pH all speed up the corrosion process.
- Damaged Connectors: As your house settles and shifts due to earthquakes, erosion, flooding, or other foundation issues, so do pipes. This can lead to leaks and breaks at pipe connections.
- Damaged Seals: The rubber seals in your plumbing system help provide watertight connections. Over time, these seals may dry, crack, or crumble resulting in water leaks.
- Clogs: Most people don’t give a clog much thought. They simply do what they need to do to get water flowing again. However, these blockages put unnecessary pressure on your pipes, seals, and connections. In addition, many drain cleaners are corrosive and can accelerate damage.
- High Water Pressure: High water pressure is generally thought of as desirable. It makes showers more enjoyable and cleaning easier. Unfortunately, there’s a downside to high water pressure not many people talk about. If your water pressure is too high, then it stresses your plumbing system. The excess pressure can lead to leaks or even a burst pipe.
Signs You Need Repiping Services
Leaks aren’t the only plumbing problems you may experience. While needing frequent water line repairs is a symptom of a bigger issue, these leaks aren’t the only signs that you may need to repipe your home. Here are some other indicators that it’s time for pipe replacement:
- Low water pressure: Severe corrosion can reduce water output. If you have low water pressure even after drain cleaning, then it may be time to consider replacing the pipes in your home. Over the years, minerals and rust build-up and cause water pressure problems.
- Extreme temperature fluctuations: Hot water lines corrode faster and debris commonly lodges in anti-scalding devices.
- Discolored water: Corroded metal flakes may tint your water a grey, red, or brown color. This rust indicates that your pipes are reaching the end of their life. A leak or break likely isn’t far behind.
- Noise: Clicks, moans, thuds, and screeches may mean your pipes and fixtures aren’t working effectively or suffer abnormal pressure changes.
- You can only use one fixture at a time: Using two or more plumbing fixtures at the same time causes temperature or pressure problems.
- If you live in an older home: Even if you aren’t noticing all of these other symptoms, if your home is more than 30 years old and has never been repiped then you may want to start planning for it. Most older homes were built using galvanized pipes which corrode faster and tend to burst unexpectedly. Instead of waiting for disaster to strike, start thinking about pipe replacement sooner than later.
When Should You Repipe vs. Repair Your Pipes?
If you’re trying to decide if it’s better to repair or repipe then it’s best to call an expert. A qualified plumber will be able to evaluate your home for water pressure, water color and odor, unpredictable water temperatures, visible corrosion, and leaky pipes. Small fixes and pipe repair may be able to get you through another year or two. However, if the symptoms are indicative of a system-wide failure, then repiping in part or in full may be the way you want to go.
The professionals at Near & Best Plumber Los Angeles can assess your home’s situation and provide a recommended course of action regarding what needs to be repaired, replaced, and what type of pipes they recommended. They can also help with any upgrades you may want at the time such as garbage disposal or toilet installation and more.
Benefits of Pipe Replacement
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to hesitate at the thought of pipe replacement. In fact, many people who own a home are more comfortable with a work plan that takes place in stages rather than a whole home repiping. The truth is that repiping doesn’t have to be expensive or stressful if you have the right team. Here are some of the benefits of pipe replacement:
- Improved water pressure: No more struggling with the slow or low flow pressure caused by corrosion.
- Efficient plumbing: You’ll no longer need to worry about scalding someone in the shower any time you flush the toilet or turn on the sink.
- Rust-free water: Once again you’ll have access to clean, safe water.
- Repairs: Pipe replacement eliminates many old pipe problems such as corrosion, plant penetration, cracking, and leaks.
- Longevity: Installing new pipes extends the functioning life of your home. It should be quite some time before you have to deal with corroding pipes or burst pipe repair again.
In addition to these benefits, the right contractor will perform repiping service while providing these benefits:
- Minimal disruption: Advancements in plumbing technology offers many options that are minimally invasive. You get the benefits of new pipes without having to tear your home down to the studs.
- Speed: Modern residential repiping is completed relatively quickly, depending on the scope of the job. In many cases, it takes a day or less.
- Affordability: Work with a plumbing expert to determine which plan works best for your home and your budget. In the meantime, any repairs or replacements are further protecting your home and belongings. They may also offer financing options for larger jobs.
Types of Piping Materials Available Now
There are a few different piping materials available today depending on your home and location and what you’re looking for when it comes to replacing pipes in your home.
- Copper piping: Copper is known for its durability and flame-retardant qualities. It also doesn’t corrode as much as other options.
- PEX piping: PEX pipes are extremely flexible, crack-resistant, and leak-resistant. It’s made from resilient plastic and PEX can be cut and molded to fit any home.
- CPVC piping: An easy-to-use and install piping option that is customizable.
- PVC piping: Typically used for drains, water lines, and irrigation.
During the inspection, we’ll advise which piping material will work best for your property. Copper and PEX are both great solutions but depending on your home they may recommend a different option. Feel free to ask any questions regarding plumbing installation and our technicians will be happy to answer.
Why Choose Near & Best Plumber for House Repiping Services?
We’re a locally owned business committed to providing superior service for our customers. We’ve been helping families in the Los Angeles area for over 25 years. We’re licensed and fully insured and offer competitive pricing. Our work comes with a satisfaction guarantee all parts and labor come with a 90-day warranty for your peace of mind.
Schedule Your Repiping Service
Call the experts and repiping specialists at Near & Best Plumber Los Angeles today at (310) 254-8035 for a free estimate for all your plumbing needs.
Near & Best Plumber LA also offers:
- Main Line Sewer Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Clog removal
- Hydro jetting
- Sewer inspection
- Clogged toilets
- Toilet repair
- Appliance Installation
- Tankless water heater
- Hot water heater
- Water softener
- Washing machines & dryers
- Gas stoves and ovens
- Garbage disposal
- Other kitchen equipment
- New boiler
- Central heating system
And so much more! Call for a free quote, today.